Skillet Sweet and Sour Chicken (Whole30) #dinnerrecipe #food

Despite the fact that I telecommute at my fantasy work, I'm the same than some other working guardian out there. I regularly skip snacks, eat while noting messages, feel regretful for removing time from my workday to make a beeline for the exercise center, and I frequently worry about what's for supper when I haven't set aside a few minutes for feast preparing or when life confuses me.

I'm basically the normal, over-worked, over-planned current parent so I realize what a battle it is to get the whole family around the table to share a feast. Yet, brace yourself for what I'm about to tell you, it merits the exertion since it's frequently the main time in the day when I can interface with my children without the diversion of web based life, carpools, and so forth.

So when our companions at Tessemae's connected and requested that we make a supper that the entire family would appreciate TOGETHER, I seized the opportunity to share this Skillet Sweet and Sour Chicken utilizing their Whole30-endorsed Organic Ketchup. Despite a quick paced and full life, family dinners are a non-debatable for me.

Growing up a "lock key child" with separated from guardians, I figured out how to cook at an extremely youthful age so I could help my single-parent father eat on the table for our family consistently in light of the fact that it was a non-debatable for him too. The time my sibling and I went through with our father preparing meals and eating together is something we both appreciate right up 'til the present time.
Skillet Sweet and Sour Chicken (Whole30) #dinnerrecipe #food
Also try our recipe Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe #dinnerrecipe #food

INGREDIENTS

  • 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. avocado oil (or other cooking fat of choice) 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 1½ Tbsp. arrowroot starch
  • 1 14-ounce can pineapple chunks in 100% juice; drained and 3/4 cup juice reserved*
  • 2 medium bell peppers, any color, cut into small chunks
  • 1 small sweet onion, cut into small chunks
  • 2 medium carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup Tessemae’s Organic Ketchup
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from pineapple after draining) 
  • 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground dried ginger
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional) 
  • Sesame seeds for garnish (optional) 

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the skillet heats up, place chicken chunks in a bowl and toss with 1/2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch, salt, and pepper.
  2. When skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp. oil and reduce heat slightly. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes without stirring. Flip chicken pieces when they release easily from the pan and are lightly browned. Continue cooking until chicken is almost cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and return pan to medium-high heat.
  3. Add 2 tsp. oil to hot pan then add sweet onions and carrots. Sauté, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
  4. Add bell peppers and continue to cook an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
  5. While the veggies are cooking, combine ketchup, rice vinegar, garlic powder, and dried ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch into pineapple juice, then whisk this into the ketchup mixture to make the sauce.
  6. When veggies are crisp-tender, add chicken and pineapple chunks to the pan. Add sauce and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
  7. Remove from heat, sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if using.

Read more our recipe Vegetarian Lentil Quinoa Meatballs #dinnerrecipe #food

Source : bit.ly/2uhpL4h

Post a Comment

0 Comments